Master’s Degree in Pharmacy
– PhD in Pharmacognosy
– Postgraduate Degrre in Pharmacognosy
– Assistant Professor in Pharmaceutical Biology, University of Messina (1994-1998)
– Associate Professor in Pharmaceutical Biology, University of Messina
– Chairman of Council of Master Degree Course in Pharmacy, University of Messina (2001-2007).
– Chairman of Council of Master Degree Course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, University of
– Referent of the Faculty of Pharmacy and later the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Health
Products in the Evaluation Unit of the University of Messina from 2005 to 2014.
– Pharmaceutical Plant Biology in Master Degree Courses in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology
– Pharmaceutical Botany in Master Degree Course in Pharmacy
– Pharmaceutical Biology in PhD in Pharmacognosy, University of Messina (1998-2011)
– Pharmaceutical Biology in PhD in Pharmaceutical Science, University of Messina
– Pharmaceutical Biology in 2nd Level Specialisation Degree Course in Dermatology, University of Messina
The scientific research activity – documented by articles published in scientific national and international
journal, proceedings of national and international conferences, international book chapters of monographs –
concerns the quality control of vegetable drugs by means microscopic, micromorphometric and
microspectrophoto-fluorimetric analysis and the evaluation of the “in vivo” and “in vitro” biological
activities of extracts obtained to native medicinal plants and vegetable drugs employed in the African and
Middle-American traditional medicine.
The active research subjects concern the identification of molecules of natural origin with anti-angiogenic
activity or able to inhibit the melanogenesis.
Member of Research Teams (PRIN, PON), Scientific Responsible of research projects financed by the
University of Messina (PRA).
Referee of international scientific journals.